Bedford Restorative Dentistry
Dental injuries happen to the best of us tending to bring discomfort, damage, and embarrassment with them. Here in Bedford, VA, patients never have to worry about being made to feel ashamed or judged. Dr. Walerko, Dr. Owen, Dr. Wolf, and the rest of our team are simply focused on helping you regain your ideal smile in a comfortable and comprehensive office environment. We virtually eliminate the need for outside specialists providing a wide spectrum of services that treat every issue from a minor chip to extensive tooth loss. Patients from Bedford County and surrounding areas of Forest, Smith Mountain Lake, Goode, Moneta, and Thaxton are welcome to contact us today to learn more about our restorative services, or to schedule an appointment for you or a family member.
Crown & Bridge
If you’re struggling with a tooth that’s severely damaged or lost, a custom restoration from our practice can rebuild much-needed oral health and function for patients from Goode, VA and surrounding areas. Crowns are designed to fit over an individual tooth providing valuable protection in a durable and lifelike fashion - while bridges sturdily replace one or more missing teeth in a row. With state-of-the-art E4D technology, we complete the crown and bridge process for patients in just one convenient appointment – no goopy impression materials or temporaries required!
Full & Partial Dentures
Dentures have been a reliable and cost-effective solution to tooth loss for many years now. At PeaksView Dental, we offer:
- Full Dentures – This option is designed to replicate the entire bottom or top arch of teeth staying in place within the mouth through natural suction or denture adhesive.
- Partial Dentures – This option is designed to restore a number of teeth along a single arch while leaving remaining healthy teeth in place. It stays in place with the help of clips and/or brackets.
Both full and partial dentures are designed to be removable, which means that patients can take them out of the mouth to clean and store them nearby when sleeping. However, patients looking for more permanence in their rebuilt smile may prefer implant-retained dentures. These customized prosthetics are designed to attach into place over strategically placed implants; both fixed and removable options are available depending on the patient’s personal preference and level of oral health. We welcome you to learn more about dental implants.
Root Canal Therapy
If teeth become too decayed to successfully receive a tooth-colored filling or dental crown, our team may recommend root canal therapy as a last resort. This endodontic treatment can typically be performed in just one appointment by Dr. Polk right here in the PeaksView Dental offices. His practice is limited to endodontic care, and he relies on the latest techniques and tools to create truly transformative results for patients in the same convenient location you and your family know and love.
Root canal therapy involves bacteria and pulp being cleaned out of the tooth’s inner chamber and replaced with safe, biocompatible material. A custom restoration placed on top can rebuild lost strength and structure while allowing patients to maintain a beautifully natural smile.
Undergoing surgical intervention to restore or rebuild oral health is a big commitment for patients, and one that can be a little frightening as well. The last thing you need in this situation is to be stuck with a doctor or practice that’s out of your way and unfamiliar. At PeaksView Dental, we’re proud to offer you and your family truly comprehensive care that keeps you in the same, friendly environment, and that includes specialized oral surgery. Please contact our Bedford, VA location today to schedule your first consultation or simply speak with our team members about the services you need.
Wisdom Teeth Extractions
Wisdom teeth (also known as third molars) are late arrivals in a person’s permanent smile, not fully erupting until they’re in their late teens/early adult years. Sadly, the lack of space left in the mouth for them means that impaction, infection, and discomfort are very real and common risks when this occurs. Our doctors want to prevent this for patients from Smith Mountain Lake and surrounding areas; and that’s why we’ll carefully monitor your smile and keep an eye on wisdom teeth during routine appointments with the help of digital X-rays. If we determine that problems are likely, we perform wisdom tooth extraction as a preventive measure that preserves overall health and overall wellbeing.
When it comes to tooth replacement solutions, dental implants offer exceptional benefits for oral health, lifelike beauty, and long-lasting durability. At PeaksView Dental, Dr. Owen has undergone extensive training in the art of full and mini implants, and this allows him to handle your entire procedure right here in our welcoming office location without the need for outside specialists. Here are just some of the advantages of choosing dental implants to replace lost or gravely decayed teeth:
- Improved appearance. Dental implants replicate the entire structure of your natural tooth, creating a result that looks and feels virtually indistinguishable from the real thing.
- Clearer speech. Patients who wear traditional dentures fall victim to slippage resulting in their speech being mumbled or slurred. Dental implants eliminate this and allow confident communication.
- Added comfort. Implants essentially become part of your smile, eliminating the unnatural bulkiness and foreign feel that can occur with removable dentures.
- Simpler eating. Loose dentures make the act of chewing certain foods difficult. With dental implants, patients won’t need to make any inconvenient changes to their diet.
- Rejuvenated oral health. Unlike dental bridges, implants don’t require nearby teeth to be altered or reduced to support them. Instead, your natural smile stays as intact as long as possible, allowing patients to enjoy their oral health longer than ever.
- High levels of durability. With the right homecare and professional maintenance, implants easily last 20 years, 30 years, or for the rest of the patient’s life.
- Restored self-esteem. Because of their great appearance, dental implants give patients back the confidence they’ve been sorely missing!
- Convenience. Dental implants eliminate the need for messy denture adhesive, cleaning solutions, and the act of removing your new teeth from the mouth altogether.