E4D One-Visit Dentistry in Bedford
The act of having a crown, bridge, or other restoration placed is necessary for restoring strong, complete smiles to patients in need – however, the multiple appointments required to complete the process can be a strain, especially for those with busy families and hectic schedules. Thankfully, E4D transforms this service for the better, simplifying the design, creation, and placement of your new, custom-made restoration down to a single appointment at PeaksView Dental. You’ll walk in with dental needs and walk out with beautiful, lasting results! Please contact our Bedford, VA office today to learn more, or if you’d like to schedule a consultation with one of our excellent doctors.
Same Day Crowns
Do you believe that you can place a crown in only one visit?
Now you can have all ceramic tooth colored crown (cap) completed in a single visit with E4D computer designed crowns!
If you’ve ever needed to have a permanent crown put on a tooth, it usually takes more than one appointment. The tooth is measured and the patient is fitted with a temporary crown. Often the temporary falls off at the most inopportune time. When this happens, the tooth may shift, and it is more susceptible to breakage. After 4 weeks, the permanent crown is ready. The dentist takes out the temporary and places the new crown and adjusts it until it fits.
New computerized system
Our innovative E4D computer-aided system custom-mills a durable, natural-looking crown from a 3D image of your tooth within the same day appointment. Our doctors and in-house lab technicians add realistic details and custom shading to create a crown that’s virtually indistinguishable from a natural tooth.
Here are 10 easy steps:
- Tooth is prepared and an impression taken.
- Dentist uses this tiny TV camera to take a series of images
- It takes a three-dimensional picture, giving you not only what we call ‘x’ and ‘y’ coordinates — how wide and how thick it is — but also length and depth
- Dentist puts the TV images together
- He adds a bite record that shows how the teeth fit together
- Computer designs the crown.
- Crowns can be adjusted on the spot for less contact or a better bite
- Computer sends the plan to a machine that cuts and refines the custom crown in about 15 minutes.
- It’s extremely accurate. A few final adjustments and the permanent crown goes in.
- One new crown, in less than a day!
Cost for the same day crown is the same as the conventional variety and they are generally covered by insurance. Note, some of the more complex crowns are not recommended for the same day service.Make an Appointment Today